Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters
Berkey Earth® Filtration Element 7″ & 9″
- Sold as a single filter element
- The 7″ models fit the Travel Berkey. The 9″ filters WILL NOT fit in the travel berkey models.
- The 9″ models fit the Big, Royal, Imperial, Crown & Berkey Light Models.
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class, backed by independent testing
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards
- Each Berkey Earth® Filration Element will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years, before replacement is needed.
- With 4 elements (in a Big Berkey® system), the 7” elements can produce flow rate of up to .8 gallons per hour or up to 19 gallons of water in 24 hours
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey® Purification Elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- Compatible with Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
Will the Berkey Earth® Element allow minerals to pass through?
Yes. The media in the Berkey Earth® Element is designed to target Heavy Metals, but allows most of the healthful minerals that your body needs to pass through.
Do the Berkey Earth® Elements need to be primed?
When using the Berkey Earth® Element there is no need for priming. Once you install the Berkey Earth® Element, it is good to go. The flow rate will increase with use.
What is the flow rate of the Berkey Earth® DE Elements?
Four (4) 9″ Berkey Earth® elements in a system will produce a flow rate of up to 12 gallons of water per day.