Travel Berkey® System (1.5 gal)
The compact Travel Berkey® System is the perfect system for traveling (fits comfortably in most carry on or larger suitcases), outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12″ in height
- Maximum filters: 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18″
- Diameter: 7.5″
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey® System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand
Made for the Extreme, Enjoyed Every Day
Berkey® Systems are powerful, freestanding water purifiers that sit on a countertop or stand. Simply pour water from virtually any source into the top chamber of the system, and dispense purified water easily from the lower chamber through a handy spigot. The systems are easy to use—no electricity, tools or plumbing needed. Enjoy clean, delicious purified water that retains the healthy minerals your body needs for an average of less than 2 cents per gallon.
The Gold Standard in Gravity-Fed Water Purification
Berkey® Systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals. Each pair of long-lasting Black Berkey® Purification Elements can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement. If desired, Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed on each Black Berkey® Purification Element.
Benefits that Offer You Freedom
- In control and confident– Take control of your tap water. Berkey® water purification systems address a broad universe of potential contaminants, giving you peace of mind.
- Loving every sip– When your water tastes great, you drink more of it. Enjoy nourishing purified water that retains the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- Ready for any adventure– Travel the world, hit the trail or relax at the lake. Portable and powerful Berkey® water purification systems reduce harmful contaminants from raw water sources like streams, lakes and ponds.
- Prepared and empowered– Be ready for natural disasters and sudden emergencies. Berkey® water purification systems can purify raw, untreated water in situations where a potable source of water is not available.
Specifications for the Travel Berkey® System
The 1.5 gallon Travel Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, and is ideal for 1-3 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 1.5 gallons of purified water
- Produces up to 2.75 gallons per hour*
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements standard
- System is 7.5″ in diameter x 18″ in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 7 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
Included in the box:
- Upper and lower chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 1 stainless steel lid, knob and screw
- 1 spigot
- 2 wing nuts, 2 washers
- 1 priming button
Black Berkey® Purification Filters
|Contaminants Removed||203 contaminants are removed including, but not limited to; viruses (99.999%), pathogenic bacteria (99.9999%), Chloramine (below lab detectable limit), trihalomethanes (99.8%), pharmaceuticals (99.9%), pesticides (below lab detectable limit),heavy metals|
|Product Dimensions||2.25 x 2.25 x 9.75 inches|
|Composition||Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.|
|Certifications||The Black Berkey® purification element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 531|
|Lifespan||3,000 gallons per filter. (6,000 gallons per set of 2)|
Travel Berkey Canada, Travel Berkey Water Filter, Travel Berkey Purifier Canada, Travel Berkey Filters Canada, Travel Berkey British Columbia, Travel Berkey Victoria, Travel Berkey Alberta, Travel Berkey Edmonton, Travel Berkey Saskatchewan, Travel Berkey Regina, Travel Berkey Manitoba, Travel Berkey Winnipeg, Travel Berkey Ontario, Travel Berkey Ottawa, Travel Berkey Toronto, Travel Berkey Quebec, Travel Berkey Quebec City, Travel Berkey New Brunswick, Travel Berkey Fredericton, Travel Berkey Nova Scotia, Travel Berkey Halifax, Travel Berkey Prince Edward Island, Travel Berkey Charlottetown, Travel Berkey Newfoundland And Labrador, Travel Berkey St. John’s, Travel Berkey Nunavut, Travel Berkey Iqaluit, Travel Berkey Northwest Territories, Travel Berkey Yellowknife, Travel Berkey Yukon, Travel Berkey Whitehorse.