Big Berkey® Special Set With 2 Black Elements, 2 Fluoride Filters & Sight Glass Spigot
Big Berkey Water Filter is perfect for everyday home kitchen use as well as for outdoor activities. The versatile Big Berkey system is the ideal system for use at home with small or medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies. The best thing about our Big Berkey water filter is it’s a perfect size to satisfy enough water to 2 to 3 people. Its low profile size fits comfortably in most kitchens. The unit is constructed of high-quality stainless steel.
- Includes 2 Black Berkey Filters & 2 PF-2 Filters + sight glass spigot
- Suitable for: 1-4 people
- Capacity: 8.5 liters
- Height: 50 cm.
- Diameter: 21.6 cm.
- Flow Rate: 2 Filters 13.2 l./hr*
- Flow Rate: 4 Filters 26.5 l./hr*
The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13″ in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs
- Height when in use: 19.25″
- Diameter: 8.5″
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
The Big Berkey system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrites and toxic minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.