Sport Berkey Bottle (22oz)
The 22 oz. portable Sport Berkey® Bottle is durable, handy and convenient; ideal for use when on the go such as driving, camping, exercise, backpacking, travel, and during unexpected emergencies.
- Bottle is constructed from a non-leaching, LDPE #4 medical grade polymer, which is BPA Free.
- The filter element is designed to remove or dramatically reduce toxic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, detergents, pesticides, herbicides, chlorides, pharmaceuticals, petroleum-based products, unpleasant tastes and odor, silt, sediment and chlorine.
- Uses the same filtration medium as the larger Black Berkey® Purification Element.
- The Sport Berkey® Bottle has a storage shelf life of 50 years.
- Sport Berkey® Bottle Refill Capacity:
-Raw and Untreated Water: ~160 refills.
-Municipal Tap Water: ~640 refills.
- Do not allow Sport Berkey® Bottle to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.
Care and Use
Fill the Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier with water, screw on cap and tighten securely to eliminate leaks. Flush water through filter by pulling down lever, so that straw is exposed, and squeeze water through filter & out the straw. Repeat this flushing process twice before drinking. This removes excess process dust from the filter. After 2 flushes, rinse the bottle & cap. Your sport berkey bottle is now ready for use. Enjoy!
Maintenance and Storage
The 22 oz Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier has a shelf life of 50 years. When the filter system will not be used for an extended period, flush the unit with a chlorinated solution of 1/4 tsp. per one half gallon of water. Allow to dry thoroughly with cap removed. Re-assemble and stow. Do not allow sport berkey to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.
The Sport Berkey? Portable Water Purifier is the ideal personal protection traveling companion – featuring the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. The theory behind this innovation is simple. The bottle’s filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best. This advanced technology was developed, refined, and proven through diligent, investigative research and testing performed by water purification specialists, researchers and engineers. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as inch adsorption inch which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. As the bottle is pressed, the source water is forced through the filter.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of the pores of the sport berkey filter gives it its unique characteristics. The 22 Oz Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier is durable, made from safe non-leaching LDPE #4 that is BPA-Free, and offers a convenient and portable filtration system using medical grade technology.
- Harmful Microscopic Pathogens (E-coli, Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other Pathogenic Bacteria) > 99.99999%
- Chlorine > 99.9%
- THM’s > 99.9%
- VOC’s > 99.9%
- Detergents and Pesticides > 99.9%
- Radon 222 > 99.9%
- Foul Tastes and Odors > 99.9%
- Cloudiness, Silt, and Sediment > 99.9%